A filling yet summery soup with a touch of ‘wow’ presentation! Can be made vegan purely by using vegan cream and ensuring the stock product is vegan.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium potato (finely diced)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 1 medium courgette (carefully skinned and diced)
- 500g broad beans
- 750ml vegetable stock (ensure vegan friendly if making recipe vegan)
- 1 tbsp lemon thyme (finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 tbsp parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp mint (finely chopped)
- 4 tbsp creme fraiche or single cream (vegan cream as a vegan alternative)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Prepare all the ingredients as directed in the list being very careful to peel the courgettes and set aside the strips of courgette skin.
2. Heat the olive oil slightly then cook the potato, onion and garlic gently for around 10 minutes until softening.
3. Add the broad beans, courgette, lemon thyme and stock to the other ingredients in the pan, bring to the boil then simmer for around 10 minutes.
4. Whilst the contents are simmering, place the courgette skins in a hot oven.
5. Also while the contents are simmering separately blend the mint and creme fraiche (or cream) together and set aside.
6. After the soup has simmered, blend the soup until smooth then add the parsley and reheat for around 2 minutes.
7. Place the soup in a bowl and drizzle the mint creme fraiche (or cream) in the centre of the soup.
8. Remove the courgette crisps from the oven and place them into the soup.
9. Serve and enjoy!