Muffins are usually sweet but these muffins are perfect for picnics and summer lunches!
- 250g plain flour
- Salt (pinch)
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 175g courgettes (grated)
- 100g feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp black olives (finely chopped)
- Ground black pepper (to taste)
1. Prepare all of the ingredients and set aside.
2. Preheat your oven to 180C and grease a muffin tin (preferably a 6 cup tin).
3. Pass all of the dry ingredients together into a mixing bowl.
4. In a separate bowl beat the eggs with an electric whisk until they are smooth and then add the black olives, feta, courgettes, black pepper and lemon zest.
5. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir the mixture. Ensure that it is only stirred until just combined.
6. Add equal spoons of the mixture into the muffin tin and bake in the preheated oven for around 30 minutes.
7. Remove the muffins from the oven and allow to cool for around 10 minutes before taking the muffins out of the tin and allowing to cool further on a rack.
8. Serve and enjoy!