A slightly time consuming but delicious and creamy vegan risotto…good things come to those that wait.
- 750ml vegetable stock (dissolved)
- 100g Arborio rice
- 1 clove of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 lemon (zest and juice)
- 1 leek (chopped)
- 2 tbsp vegan Parmesan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 125g peas
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp black olives (chopped)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Prepare all of the ingredients and set aside. The balsamic reduction is made by placing the balsamic vinegar in a hot pan and whisking until the amount of liquid is reduced by around half and is thick and syrupy.
2. Heat the oil and place the onion, leek and garlic in the pan. Cook for around 3 minutes until softening.
3. Add the rice and ensure it is all completed coated with the oil and onion mix.
4. Add the stock one ladle at a time and keep adding when each ladle-full is absorbed. Ensure you stir constantly for the first 5 to 10 minutes.
5. After around 20 minutes of the rice soaking up the stock (when you are getting towards the end of the stock) add the parsley, oregano, vegan Parmesan, lemon juice, peas and olives.
6. Cook the mixture until creamy (all of the stock should now have been absorbed).
7. Place the risotto on plates and top with a little chopped fresh parsley and lemon zest before drizzling with a balsamic reduction.
8. Serve and enjoy!