A decadent tasting yet fairly ‘good for you’ protein and vitamin filled dessert.
- 2 medium pears (peeled, halved and cored)
- Seeds of 10 cardamom pods (crushed)
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp vegan margarine
- 125g raspberries
- 225g Quark or vegan soft cheese (if making the dish vegan)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tbsp icing sugar
- 15g pistachios (chopped)
1. Prepare all of the ingredients and set aside.
2. Place the vegan margarine, cardamom, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla extract in a large ceramic dish and warm in an oven for around 5 minutes until the ingredients are melted, remove from the oven, ensure the ingredients are mixed and then coat the pears in the mixture.
3. Set the pears aside and place the ceramic dish in the oven for another 5 minutes until the spice mixture bubbles.
4. Place the pears in the ceramic dish and ensure the pears are coated with the spice mixture.
5. Place the ceramic dish in an oven at 175C and allow to bake for around 30 minutes.
6. Whilst the pears are baking, place the raspberries, quark/vegan cream cheese and cocoa in a bowl and ensure thoroughly mixed together.
7. Set the quark/vegan cream cheese aside and, around 3 minutes before the pears are baked, toast the chopped pistachios in a pan.
8. Remove the pears from the oven, spoon the quark/vegan cream cheese onto the plate and sprinkle the entire dish with the warmed chopped pistachios.
9. Serve and enjoy!